Expanded Metal Grating
Qinghe Expanded Metal Grating is the most economical solution for industrial walking surfaces. Design engineers view it as an excellent choice when building maintenance and safety are important design criteria.
Expanded metal walkway is produced by slitting and stretching plate into an open diamond mesh. It is the most practical and economical way to assure strength, safety, and a non-skid surface; and it is easily cut into irregular shapes and can be installed quickly by welding or bolting.
– Carbon Steel / – Aluminum / – Stainless Steel
Heavy type expanded metal grating is available in carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminum, and other materials at request. The weight per square foot and the shape of the diamond pattern determine the load capacity of the grating.
Hexagonal type expanded metal grating permits a strong, durable, light weight walking surface. It is the standard product specified by engineers for catwalks, ramps, stairs, platforms, heavy duty shelving, truck-cab safety screens, ship and off-shore rig flooring and in partitions where security is important.
Tortoise Shape expanded metal grating has a high percentage of open area which allows excellent passage of heat and light to surfaces above and below. And, it can allows snow, water and oil to drain off easily, so maintaining the excellent slip resistant surface.
Expanded “Grating”, the width of the sheet is parallel to the short way of the diamond opening, the length is parallel to the long way of the diamond opening.
Expanded “Catwalk”, the opposite is true – the short way of the diamond runs parallel to the length of the sheet (typically 10 foot) and the long way of the diamond/opening runs the short dimension of the sheet. Catwalk is structurally stronger because the long way of the diamond runs across the shorter supported span.
Expanded Steel Grating offers four advantages over welded steel bar gratings:
– Expanded Metal Grating is made of one continuous piece of material yielding a greater strength to weight ratio.
– Expanded Metal Grating Floor has no welded parts, its flooring surface is naturally skid proof without further processing.
– The pattern and openings of Expanded Metal Grating provide a wider range of load capacity flooring to meet exact requirements.
– Expanded Metal Grating processed from same material as bar grating costs less for your project.
– One-piece construction
– Variety of openings, gauges and materials
– Diamond configuration
– High Percentage of Open Area
– Anti-slipping Surface
– Easily Fabricated
– Easily Install
– Low Maintenance Cost
– Load bearing capabilities
– Safety oriented